Government College Kattappana is functioning under the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala. The college is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. The college is recognized under the 2(f) and 12(B) schedules of the UGC act.
The college council, which consists of all heads of departments, elected representatives from among faculty members and the senior superintendent functions as an advisory body to the principal.
The college office functions from 09.30 AM to 04.30 PM on all working days. Servises available from the office include
- Admission and fee collection
- Scholarships, Stipend and grants
- Issue of TC and Cours certificate
- University examination - Application and fee collection
- Issue of University Marklists and Provisional degree certificates
- Refund of Caution deposit
- Students: 10.00 AM to 03.30 PM (Lunch Break: 01.00 PM to 01.30 PM)
- Teaching Staff: 09.30 AM to 04.30 PM
- Non-Teaching Staff: 09.30 AM to 04.30 PM
- Sweepers and Sanitation Workers: 08.30 AM to 3.30 PM
- Night Watchmen: 04.30 PM to 08.30 AM